View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Perrin FR-S Reverse Lockout Lever 
Chapter Peep

I found that Perrin made a replacement reverse lockout collar for the FR-S. This is interesting, because I had noticed a developing rattle near the shifter column during certain hard accelerations (not 100% of the time, but it gets annoying). When it got real annoying during long highway drives this summer, I thought it was my shift knob at first, but after a little bit of playing around, found that it was the collar. Perrin's collar has O-rings and grease, so hopefully that will quiet it down.

I just ordered it, so it'll probably arrive next week; I'll try to post about installation and impressions.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:17 pm
Formerlly simesxb2

I wonder if there will eventually be a recall?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Recall on a vibration? Not likely. NHTSA only issues recalls on safety issues. If anything, it will be a TSB.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 pm
Chapter Peep

Yeah, I remember the ECU reflash for the manual details on the airbag system; every owner received supplemental manual pages (I forget where I put those). The rough idle / P0019 issue was a voluntary recall IIRC. I never got a CEL from that; I made sure I babied it through its first 1000 miles; I'm almost up to 34K now.

I did get a CEL and traction light when I forgot to plug in the MAF sensor after installing the ARC induction box; that was scary, because IIRC the traction light indicates a higher severity code, and that's what the people getting the P0019 issue were seeing. But then once I saw that the harness wasn't plugged into the MAF sensor, I gave myself a dope slap on the forehead, then plugged it in. All that was left was a "MAF sensor voltage" code, which I cleared with my scan tool.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:11 am
Formerlly simesxb2

YourFearlessLeader wrote:
Recall on a vibration? Not likely. NHTSA only issues recalls on safety issues. If anything, it will be a TSB.

Unless lead to a more serious problem, but you're right a TSB makes more sense.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:52 am
Profile YIM WWW
Chapter Peep

I haven't forgotten about this, it's just that I have to go buy a 3/32" punch. The best I could do was 1/16" at Lowe's, but that ended up being too small, since it's a hollow pin. That was a fun moment: "Wait, I think it's moving... NOOO! It's hollow! I have a little bit of grease on it!"

Might have to wait until after Christmas, but I'll try to get this done sometime.

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 pm
Site Admin

I just got a recall on the Badge handle on the hatch of my tC. and i thought..little to late punks. I replaced mine with carbon fiber long time ago.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]