View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Help on Rotor and pad replacement front and back on an xB2 

Anyone have any idea how hard it is. Is it worth my time and troubles to attempt it myself, vs. sending it out to have it done???
I'm relitively handy, and I've seen the DIYs for the pads, but I can't find anything about the rotors. I worked on them about 20 years ago, once whild in my Uncle's garage, but that was a LONG time ago and a lot of car generations back (a set of screws held the rotors on the hub, and that was it, Pull the screws and pull the rotor right off).

Last edited by BlackKnight on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 pm

BlackKnight wrote:
Anyone have any idea how hard it is. Is it worth my time and troubles to attempt it my self, vs. sending it out to have it done???
I'm relitively handy, and I've seen the DIYs for the pads, but I can't find anything about the rotors. I worked on them about 20 years ago, once whild in my Uncle's garage, but that was a LONG time ago and a lot of car generations back (a set of screws held the rotors on the hub, and that was it, Pull the screws and pull the rotor right off).

There arent even screws anymore... take off the caliper and off comes the rotor... easy peezy

http://www.wellesleyscion.com

DT9 Designs

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

Cool, I'm ordering my Drilled and slotted sets front and rear and changing out the pads. I guess with the stock rims I was grinding on the OEM rotors pretty bad and never heard it. now with the 18's it sounds terrible..

The Oems are groved enough in the front to need replacing rather than a resurface :(

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm
Chapter Peep

some rotors still have screws some don't.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Drilled and Slotted EBC Sport Rotors (#GD7413) and Red Stuff pads (#DP3179C) are on order :) :D

Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 am
Chapter Peep

you will love the EBC rotors... that's what I have. Careful, I have ceramic pads and they hot spotted the rotors after a bit of "spirited" driving.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]