View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hello, new friends! 

Hello, everyone! My name is Shawn, I heard about these forums through the Scion forums and I thought I'd come check it out! I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Scion tC in Light Blue Metallic. It's actually my first car (I'm eighteen), and also my first stick shift. The vehicle was a gift from my uncle, who also painted the hood black because he had seen some tuners in his area who had black hoods on their own cars. I've since performed a couple of simple mods, including a AEM cold air intake and a Spec-D catback. I've also mounted new wheels, a set of 17x8 Konig Laces. I drove the car almost every day, and I love how it still has good get up and go for a nine year old car! I'm currently waiting on a set of springs to lower it about an inch and a half, and am also looking to go down the route of forced induction. But enough about my car (at least for now), I figure it'd be impolite to not tell you guys a little about myself too. I live in the great state of Maine, and am a senior in high school when I'm not welding at vocational training or shooting archery. I've been into cars as long as I can remember, always watching Top Gear when I wasn't playing Gran Turismo. I am also diagnosed with ADHD and Autism, but I have been fortunate enough that I have been able to learn some of the social skills that I was born about, but still struggle with other things, so please forgive me if I sometimes act a little odd. Owning this car for me is like the dog I had as a child (I still have her collar hanging from the rearview mirror), I can come home to it and escape from the stresses of the real world for a while. I'm glad to be a part of this community, and I look forward to seeing some of you at any future meets! GO BLACK BEARS!!!

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm
Site Admin

Welcome!!!! Nice gift to get! Was your uncle part of the club scene when he bought the tc? The forums are not as active as they once were when scion was big. We also have a facebook page too which is more active than here. We have a few members up by you in New Hampshire.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 pm
Formerlly simesxb2

Hello and welcome Shawn! Welcome to the family, you are among car crazies here too!

Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:55 am
Profile YIM WWW

Nah, my uncle is a Porsche fan himself, but I immersed myself in the scene as soon as I got the car! I'm thinking about finally making a new facebook, I had to delete my old one cause it got hacked. Are there any Maine members that are still active? If not, who are the ones in New Hampshire?

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:05 pm
Site Admin

Jamie & a few others up that way in NH & MA are still active. they get together from time to time.
Most of our insanity happens here...feel free to join us:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15&p=14010#p14010
Our FB page is the other page where everyone connects too

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 am
President

did I hear my name called :D

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Site Admin

your hearing is excellent from all they way up there!!! :P

Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:49 pm
Site Admin

Welcome !! Glad to have you..Hope to see you around ...oh and ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]