View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Faded black plastic 
Chapter Peep

As many of yall know, the black plastic around my front and back side glass has been turning grey faster than I have... But, I think I have a solution to the problem....Image

Plasti-Dip spray paint! Let it set up for a few days and it is harder than Chinese arithmetic! Did all 3 pieces on each side, the stuff is great! It started to spit as I was spraying the last piece, but, it is self leveling! AND... if you don't like it, you just peel it off! Image

This was after 2 weeks on the Op. I didn't prep the chrome and it was ragged at a tape line. I just painted all that with blackboard paint.Image

Next week, I am painting the plastic under the windshield wipers, it looks just as bad.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm
Site Admin

nice!!! thanks for being the guinea pig & trying it for us :D

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm
Chapter Peep

I am trying to decide which to paint the running boards with... I have pickup truck bed liner, or the blackboard paint. Not sure if the plasti-dip would hold up there. Suggestions?? Thoughts???

Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:18 am

Might have to give this a shot. Used that Mother's Back 2 Black stuff n it only works on certain types of plastics.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]